App Application Policy
Official Policy for Acceptance into
Alabama Ag in the Classroom Summer Institute
Marriott Grand National Hotel and Conference Center
June 1-3, 2022
The workshop will include integrated agricultural activities for grades K-6 and field trips to active farms. Participants will receive Professional Development hours as well as innovative materials and teaching strategies that increase student knowledge of the nutritional and economic importance of the food and fiber systems in their daily lives. Activities incorporate language arts, science, social studies, and mathematics skills.
The Alabama Ag in the Classroom (AITC) Planning Committee has established the following criteria for selection of applicants to attend Summer Institute.
1. Applicants selected to attend must be:
- Full-time K-6 classroom teachers;
- K-6 home-school teachers, who instruct more than 2 children in a single family;
- Home school area coordinators;
- K-6 media specialists; or
- Administrative personnel, including superintendents, principals, administrative assistants, currently working in grades K-6
- Alabama Cooperative Extension System Agents who work with K-6
- Alabama Soil and Water Association District Coordinators who work with K-6th
2. Applicants must submit an application form provided by the AITC Planning Committee.
3. Preference will be given to first time attendees. Participants of past Summer Institutes will be placed on a waiting list.
4. Applications must be received before April 15. Following the deadline, a Selection Committee will review the applications and recommend participants.
5. The Institute will be limited to 90 educators and applicants will be selected on the basis of an application form provided by the Alabama Agriculture in the Classroom Planning Committee.
6. The Selection Committee reserves the right to limit the number of participants permitted to attend from each grade level and from any one school.
Lodging, scheduled meals, and workshop materials will be furnished to participants. Applicants must be present at the workshop location from 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, June 1 through 11:30 a.m. Friday, June 3 and must attend all scheduled activities to receive workshop materials and Professional Development
Application Deadline: April 15