Agriculture in the Classroom
Educational Grant Application
Deadline October 15
Each year the Alabama Agriculture in the Classroom Foundation make grants available for classroom projects that integrate agriculture into curriculum areas during the school year. Judges will be the members of the Alabama Agriculture in the Classroom Steering Committee.
Applications for grants may be submitted by
• Alabama teachers in either elementary or secondary levels of public, private, or parochial schools;
• Alabama Cooperative Extension System Agents who work with K-12 th grade students and/or teachers on a regular basis; or
• Alabama Soil and Water Association District Coordinators who work with K-12 th grade students and/or teachers on a regular basis.
- Grants will be made for amounts from $25 to $500 on the basis of an application.
- Funds may be used for supplies and/or equipment to develop and teach the planned project.
- All grants must be completed during the school year in which the funds were received.
- At the conclusion of the grant period, recipients must submit a teaching unit used for the project, including lesson plans, student activities, and pictures to support these if available.
- Alabama Agriculture in the Classroom reserves the right to use said lesson plans and activities in their printed materials with appropriate credit given to teachers who submitted them.
Current Application Deadline:
For information contact:
Kim Earwood, Alabama Ag in the Classroom
P.O. Box 11000 Montgomery, AL 36191
Phone 334.612.5370 / Fax 334.284.3957
Application Deadline: October 15
"*" indicates required fields