App National Conference
Official Policy for Selection as a National Ag in the Classroom Conference Participant
June 23-26, 2020-Salt Lake City, Utah
- The Alabama Ag in the Classroom (AITC) Steering Committee will vote each year to establish the number of teachers Alabama AITC will sponsor to attend the National AITC Conference. The number of teachers to be sponsored must be agreed upon by the AITC Steering Committee.
- Each year a subcommittee of at least three AITC Steering Committee members will be selected to establish the National Conference Selection Committee (NCSC). The NCSC will review applications and evaluate the paragraphs written by applicants. Participants will be selected based on the review completed by the NCSC.
- The NCSC has the right to recommend awarding scholarships to individuals with special merit.
2. PARTICIPANT QUALIFICATIONS
- Each participant must be a full-time Alabama educator and must have attended and graduated from at least one of the Alabama AITC Summer Institutes.
- Each participant must complete an application, which includes a paragraph explaining why he/she should be selected to attend and how the applicant has previously used AITC or other agricultural materials in classroom instruction.
- Each participant selected to attend the National AITC Conference will be required to submit a proposal to the Alabama AITC Steering Committee no later than the first day of December explaining an activity they would be willing to present at an Alabama AITC Summer Institute. Said proposals could be for a “Make n’ Take” activity, roundtable discussion or mini-workshop presentation. Said proposals will become the property of the Alabama AITC Program. Participants who do not comply with this requirement must reimburse Alabama AITC for conference expenses.
Application Deadline: March 1